DONATIONS to the ARTS!
Now entering its 16th year, the Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance (SAACA) continues to present quality educational community programs and events that are culturally diverse for audiences in Southern Arizona.
SAACA grew out of the Greater Oro Valley Arts Council (GOVAC), an organization established in 1997 to provide artistic and cultural opportunities for residents of Northwest Tucson. GOVAC eventually became one of the largest arts organizations in the region. In 2009, owing to its success, we expanded our mission to include the creation of partnerships with business, governments and communities throughout Southern Arizona – encouraging innovative, creative cultural expression in the arts for years to come. Our goals and ongoing expansions allow us to maintain arts education programs and opportunities, even in times of economic downturn when the arts are among the first things to be slashed out of budgets.
Every year, we bring hundreds of local and national musicians and artists to schools and the community.
Beyond the extensive array of educational opportunities we provide for students, we also create unique learning opportunities each year for thousands of school children through interaction with music and visual arts education programs.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation in the form of a membership of anywhere between $30 to 1,000, or whatever you might like to give, to help us meet the challenges ahead. Your tax-deductible gift will go directly to the Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance’s programs, including:
• Musical Gold in the Morning—an impressive and groundbreaking educational program in our local schools, ensuring music access and education for each and every student. Only $600 ensures that a local school receives daily music education and exposure for up to five years.
• Emerging Artists—creates opportunities for young musicians and amateur visual artists to exhibit and display their artwork in a professional manner, as well as the opportunity to raise much needed funds for waning school music and art programs.
• Opportunities for local artists and musicians—each year SAACA hires and provides the platform for over 700+ local musicians and artists to exhibit their form of art to the public.
• Music for Our Veterans - bringing music as a form of healing arts to the Southern Arizona VA Hospital patients.
• Just for Kids - presenting year-round, monthly music class to offer youth a FREE change to engage in the arts.
Please make your tax-deductible donation today!